- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
nexGTV, Imtiaz Ali to launch project for short video content
MUMBAI: Subscription-driven video entertainment mobile app nexGTV has announced the launch of a new project called ‘Spotlight’ in partnership with Bollywood filmmaker Imtiaz Ali.
Under the project, they will call on content creators to develop original short videos across a variety of genres including horror, satire, drama, social, poetry, comedy original music, fiction and reality.
nexGTV will carry selected videos under the programme ‘Spotlight’ on its TV on mobile platform. Ali will judge the top five videos on nexGTV every month and select one video for a grand prize of Rs 100,000.
nexGTV COO Abhesh Verma said, “Spotlight means centre stage, and that is exactly what we are looking to offer those bitten by the creative bug. By bringing someone of Imtiaz’s class and calibre, we are offering a unique chance to not just independent video content creators but to everybody to discover and showcase their talent in order to get it judged by a master of the craft. The cash prize is meant as an incentive to encourage aspiring video content creators to channel their creativity and further innovate.”
Ali added, “India today is brimming with talented individuals just looking for ways to express themselves through their creativity. ‘Spotlight’ gives them the perfect stage to channel their genius to create something that resonates with the public. I am glad to be involved in such a wonderful initiative and will look forward to seeing the best entries.”
nexGTV’s ‘Spotlight’ claims to be more than a talent discovery campaign by providing upcoming entertainers a platform to reach out to a larger audience base while simultaneously helping them monetise their content.
Individuals who wish to participate need to log on to http://www.nexgtvspotlight.com/ to create their account and upload their unique creation.