- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Networkplay to increase focus on mobile and online video ad under new management
MUMBAI: Digital media company Networkplay, the Indian subsidiary of Gruner + Jahr, will enhance its focus on online and mobile video advertising under its new management team comprising Viren Anand and Hitesh Trehan.
Gruner + Jahr COO and member of the executive board Oliver Radtke said, “The new management team has a portfolio of resilient leadership and skilled competence. They have the full commitment from G+J to continue our focus on growth in India.”
The increased focus is to provide data-driven value creation for the growing Indian publisher industry. Anand and Trehan will take over the responsibility of the company from Ampreet Singh who exited Networkplay in mid-June.
Networkplay co-founder, director operations and publisher alliances Viren Anand said, “The digital and mobile advertising industry in India is rapidly evolving with the increasing penetration of smartphones and greater acceptance for digital platforms. Networkplay has been monitoring this exciting growth and is transforming into a future-ready digital company, building strong technological competence around current expertise.”
Networkplay director sales and new initiatives Hitesh Trehan added, “The number of lifestyle devices, coupled with speedy technology innovation, is creating waves across the industry. It’s a very exciting time for all of us and our team is keeping one eye on the present and the other on the future, by constantly developing first of its kind solutions for our clients.”
Acquired in March 2012, by Gruner + Jahr, a division of Bertelsmann, Networkplay Media Pvt Ltd is a growing digital agency incubated in 2008 by Webchutney and funded by Capital18.
It acquired Seventynine in the mobile space in November 2012 and Yocaptcha in 2013 to grow its digital business in the Indian market.