- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Network18 gets former Flipkart executive to drive Web18
MUMBAI: Network18 Group has roped in former Flipkart seller marketplace and ecosystem head Manish Maheshwari as CEO of its digital vertical Web18.
Under the new mandate, Manish will lead Network18’s digital and e-commerce assets. These include digital portals such as moneycontrol.com, ibnlive.com, in.com, firstpost.com and various other ideas seeded by the network.
Network18 has been in an expansion mode with specific focus on digital content. The company has been aggressively hiring senior employees to strengthen its technology, product, sales and business development teams.
As the CEO of Web18, Maheshwari’s immediate priorities will be to drive content, monetisation, new business, inorganic growth and product portfolio management.
Speaking about the appointment, Network18 Group chairman Adil Zainulbhai said, “Manish brings with him a good mix of Silicon Valley tech product culture and an understanding of ground realities of India. Both these qualities will be crucial as we take Network18 to the next level of digital transformation. He has a proven track record of taking up projects and achieving a scale of tens of millions, building cross-functional teams that deliver in large settings with an unflinching focus on customer experience.”