- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Netflix to reach 115 mn subscribers by 2020
MUMBAI: The number of subscription video on demand( SVoD) homes is forecast to reach 306 million across 200 countries by 2020, up massively from 28 million in 2010 and an expected 161 million by end-2015, according to a new report from Digital TV Research. The total will grow by 42 million in 2015 alone.
The global SVOD forecast report estimates that nearly 145 million SVOD subscribers will be added between 2015 and 2020 (up by 90 per cent). China will increase by 20 million subscribers, with the US bringing in an extra 22 million, Japan nine million and India more than seven million.
Netflix is forecast to have almost 115 million paying subscribers by 2020, adding 44 million subs between 2015 and 2020. Netflix will have 50.4 million subscribers in the US by 2020 – up by seven million on 2015.
Global SVOD revenues [for all operators in 200 countries] will reach $26.7 billion in 2020; 10 times the $2.6 billion recorded in 2010 and more than double the $12,375 million expected in 2015. Subscription revenues for Netflix will rocket from $1.8 billion in 2010 to $12.2 billion in 2020.