- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Netflix to premiere fantasy animated series ‘Disenchanted’
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix has ordered 20 episodes of ‘Disenchantment’, an adult animated comedy fantasy series from the mind of Matt Groening.
‘Disenchantment’ will premiere on Netflix 10 episodes at a time, starting in 2018.
In ‘Disenchantment’, viewers will be whisked away to the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland, where they will follow the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo, and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools.
“Ultimately ‘Disenchantment’ will be about life and death, love and sex, and how to keep laughing in a world full of suffering and idiots, despite what the elders and wizards and other jerks tell you,” said Matt Groening.
The series will feature the voice talents of Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon and Eric Andre along with a host of others. Animation is being done by Rough Draft Studios.
“Matt Groening’s brilliant work has resonated with generations around the world and we couldn’t be happier to work with him on ‘Disenchantment’. The series will bear his trademark animation style and biting wit, and we think it’s a perfect fit for our many Netflix animation fans,” said Netflix VP original content Cindy Holland.