- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Netflix to launch Aditi Mittal’s original stand-up special on 18 July
MUMBAI: Video-on-demand platform Netflix has announced a new original stand-up comedy special, ‘Things They Wouldn’t Let Me Say’, by Indian comedian Aditi Mittal.
The show will debut on Netflix on 18 July for its 100 million+ members across 190 countries globally.
Delivered by one of the few female comedians in India, ‘Things They Wouldn’t Let Me Say’ deals with the taboos of being a woman in India today. The original will feature Mittal’s distinctive brand of humour that touches life, gender, sex, beauty (and ugly) secrets and more.
Mittal said, “Having a platform like Netflix is dream come true for anyone in entertainment and comedy today. Even while I give this quote for the press release I have to pinch myself to confirm that this is real. The journey of this show has been absolutely exhilarating. I hope Netflix fans all over the world will enjoy the show as much as I have in making it.”
Mittal is one of the first women in India to do stand-up comedy and has performed at venues across India, the UK and USA, and recently writing and performing her own show for BBC Radio 4 called ‘A Beginners Guide to India’. Her comedy has been featured in several documentary films globally and Mittal will be making her debut at the prestigious Edinburgh Fringe festival this year with her show ‘Global Village Idiot’.
Netflix director of content acquisition Swati Shetty stated, “Aditi’s success reflects the growing pool of Indian stand-up comedy talent that is already gaining international recognition, and we are proud to showcase Aditi’s bold wit and humour on the Netflix service.”