- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Netflix ties up with Ricky Gervais for a film
MUMBAI: ‘Special Correspondents’, a new feature film written and directed by Ricky Gervais, will debut worldwide on internet TV network Netflix next year.
With ‘Special Correspondents’, as with ‘The Office & Extras’, Gervais has written a hilarious, modern comedy in which Bana plays a struggling New York based radio journalist, whose arrogance and decadent lifestyle has hindered his career. With his job on the line, he fakes front line war reports from the comfort of his hideout above a Spanish restaurant in the heart of Manhattan.
Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos said, “ ‘Special Correspondents’ is classic Ricky Gervais; smart social satire with heart. It’s the kind of great grown-up comedy that studios rarely make anymore, one that’s perfect for Netflix members around the world.”
Gervais said, “Having shaken up the TV industry, Netflix is about to do the same to Hollywood. It’s great to be part of the changing future. Ted Sarandos is the new Godfather of entertainment and he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.”