- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Netflix prepares for ‘The Rain’
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix has ordered a first season of Scandinavian thriller ‘The Rain’ from Miso Film.
Set after a devastating biological catastrophe, the series is created by Jannik Tai Mosholt, Esben Toft Jacobsen and Christian Potalivo. The series will be written by Jannik Tai Mosholt who will be showrunning alongside producer Christian Potalivo.
‘The Rain’ is the first original out of Scandinavia that Netflix will premiere in all its territories in 2018.
Ten years after a brutal virus has wiped out most of the population in Scandinavia, two young siblings embark on a search for safety. Only guided by their father’s notebook about the virus and the hazards of this new world, they start a dangerous journey through the country joining a group of other young survivors. Facing grave perils, the group must quickly realise that the greatest danger does not come from the outside – it comes from within.
Said Jannik Tai Mosholt, “In broad terms, The Rain is a story about hope and finding out what there is to hope for when all hope seems gone. It’s a story about responsibility and whether survival is about the individual or the group. It’s a story about humanity and what defines us as humans. And it’s a story about experiencing everything for the first time in a world where there’s no-one to tell you how to react. Love, hate, sadness, joy and hope.”