- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Netflix picks up Indian documentary ‘What’s love got to do with it?’
MUMBAI: Within a day of launching services in India, leading internet television network Netflix has picked up its first documentary film from India, ‘What’s love got to do with it’.
The documentary is made by Pune-based writer and filmmaker Rohena Gera.
The film is available in India along with five other geographies including the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
“I am delighted and honoured that Netflix has chosen ‘What’s love got to do with it?’” says Gera. “I feel that this signifies the democratisation of cinema in many ways. If a tiny-budget film like mine can be on a platform side by side with big Bollywood films, independent gems and grand classics, I feel there is a lot to look forward to for filmmakers and audiences alike!”
This fun, moving documentary explores why urban individuals often choose arranged marriages over love.