- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Netflix orders Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ series
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix has ordered Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ series.
The 10-episode series is a contemporary update of Spike Lee’s debut independent film. ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ centers on Nola Darling, a Brooklyn-based artist in her late twenties struggling to define herself and divide her time among her friends, her job and her three lovers: The Cultured Model Greer Childs, The Protective Investment Banker Jamie Overstreet, and Da Original B-Boy Sneakerhead Mars Blackmon.
Lee is directing the entire series and serves as creator and executive producer along with his producer wife Tonya Lewis Lee, who will also executive produce. ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ is produced by Netflix.
Lee commented, “ ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ has a very special place in my heart. We shot this film in 12 days way back in the hot Summer of 1985 for a mere total of $175,000. Funds that we begged, borrowed and what not to get that money. This is the first official Spike Lee feature film joint and everything that we have been blessed with in this tough business of film all have been due to SGHI. Now with the passing (8 August) of the 30th anniversary, it’s a gift that keeps on giving. We are getting an opportunity to revisit these memorable characters who will still be relevant and avant garde three decades later.”