- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Netflix orders Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ series
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix has ordered Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ series.
The 10-episode series is a contemporary update of Spike Lee’s debut independent film. ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ centers on Nola Darling, a Brooklyn-based artist in her late twenties struggling to define herself and divide her time among her friends, her job and her three lovers: The Cultured Model Greer Childs, The Protective Investment Banker Jamie Overstreet, and Da Original B-Boy Sneakerhead Mars Blackmon.
Lee is directing the entire series and serves as creator and executive producer along with his producer wife Tonya Lewis Lee, who will also executive produce. ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ is produced by Netflix.
Lee commented, “ ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ has a very special place in my heart. We shot this film in 12 days way back in the hot Summer of 1985 for a mere total of $175,000. Funds that we begged, borrowed and what not to get that money. This is the first official Spike Lee feature film joint and everything that we have been blessed with in this tough business of film all have been due to SGHI. Now with the passing (8 August) of the 30th anniversary, it’s a gift that keeps on giving. We are getting an opportunity to revisit these memorable characters who will still be relevant and avant garde three decades later.”