- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Netflix confirms original series based on current Brazilian corruption probe
MUMBAI: Internet television network Netflix has announced that filming of its new original series based on recent corruption investigation ‘Operation Car Wash’ (‘Lava Jato’ in Portuguese) will begin this year in Brazil.
The yet-to-be-titled series will be created and directed by José Padilha (‘Narcos’, ‘Elite Squad’ and ‘Robocop’), and written by Elena Soares (‘Xingu’, ‘Filhos do Carnaval’ and ‘Casa de Areia’).
“Netflix recognizes José Padilha’s talent in turning fast-moving current events into compelling narratives, and he is well placed to document this important time in Brazilian history,” said Netflix VP of international original content Erik Barmack.
The series will be the second Netflix original series produced in Brazil, following the dystopian sci-fi thriller ‘3%’ premiering later this year.
“This project will follow judicial investigators in their journey to unveil the largest corruption scheme that Brazil has ever witnessed. It was fundamental for the series to be produced in an impartial way, and I have no doubt that Netflix is the best partner for the project,” said Padilha.