- Tea at 7, Lunch at 50 - Indian Railways Tweets Menu So Customers Don't Get Overcharged
- On World Water Day, Railways unveils water conservation policy
- Interest subsidy scheme for MIG effective from Jan 1
- Election Commission freezes AIADMK's election symbol ahead of major bypoll
- Flipkart Sale, Android O Features, Samsung Pay in India, More
- Aadhaar must for IT returns to curb tax evasion and frauds, says government Times of India - ?4 hours ago?
- Yogi Adityanath bans pan masala, tobacco in govt buildings
- Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM: Modi is performing the last rites of Nehruvian secularism
Netflix brings original anime series ‘Godzilla’ to fans worldwide
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix is adding an original Japanese animation based on the Godzilla character. This will have its exclusive premiere on Netflix worldwide following a Toho theatrical release in Japan.
The first-ever animation of the global monster franchise is set to offer a re-imagining of the Godzilla world of the future.
To bring to life Godzilla’s latest adaptation, Toho is working with Japanese anime studio Polygon Pictures , directors Kobun Shizuno and Hiroyuki Seshita with a screenplay from anime writer Gen Urobuchi.
“We’re looking forward to bringing a spectacular entertainment experience for both existing fans of Godzilla and people new to the franchise”, said ‘Godzilla’ director Kobun Shibuno.
Director Hiroyuki Seshita said, “I’m thrilled to collaborate with two very talented colleagues, Mr. Gen Urobuchi and director Kobun Shizuno to bring to life a unique vision of a universal human drama set in an epic world.”
Meanwhile, screenplay writer Gen Urobuchi said, “I am very honored to join this Godzilla project as one of its Japanese creators. I’m grateful for all the support and really excited to bringing this content to fans worldwide.”
“We are truly delighted to unveil Godzilla, which is the latest addition to our growing catalogue of Netflix original anime content. Working with the best creators such as Toho in bringing Godzilla to Netflix users in over 190 countries marks a major milestone for us” said Netflix Japan president Greg Peters.
Netflix has also revealed the voice cast who will be bringing the film to life. Led by Yuki Kaji, they will include Takahiro Sakurai , Tomokazu Sugita, Junichi Suwabe, Kana Hanazawa and Mamoru Miyano.