- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Netflix announces second Spanish original show
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix continues its investment in European content with the announcement of the development and production of ‘Élite’, a new Spanish language drama series that will be released globally in 2019.
Created by Spanish TV writers Carlos Montero and Darío Madrona, ‘Élite’s first season will consist of eight episodes and will be entirely shot in 4K.
Las Encinas, the best and most exclusive school in Spain where the elite send their children to study, is also where three working class kids have just been admitted after their academy was destroyed by an earthquake and the local council divided up the students between the different schools in the area. The clash between those who have everything and those who have nothing to lose creates the perfect storm that ultimately ends in a murder. Who is behind the crime?
Netflix VP international original series Erik Barmack said, “We are excited to be working with such talented producers and writers on an edgy, young thriller from Spain that will resonate with a global audience.”
At ‘Élite’, friendships will be more complicated than ever, sex will be forbidden and romance will be close to impossible. “Making shows for teens is very exciting, it is the time of your life when things matter the most. We are delighted to work on a show about the desire and the need to fit into an elite world where all can be great and yet all can go terribly wrong, Three Steps Above Heaven’ and ‘I Want You’,” said Francisco Ramos, executive producer behind two of the most successful teen blockbusters ever made in Spain.