- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Netflix announces new series ‘Friends from College’
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix has announced a new comedy series, ‘Friends from College’ from Nick Stoller and Francesca Delbanco.
The husband and wife team will serve as executive producers and writers on the series and Stoller will also direct all eight episodes. Production will begin this fall in New York.
The eight episode series will feature Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders , Annie Parisse, Nat Faxon , Fred Savage and Jae Suh Park.
“Nick is a comedic mastermind. With Friends from College, he and Francesca have created a world that is both moving and very, very funny. We are thrilled to be working with them and this incredible cast, and look forward to audiences around the world laughing with and at these relatable characters,” said Netflix VP original content Cindy Holland.
The show centres on a group of friends who went to Harvard together and are now facing down their forties and experiencing a range of success, or lack thereof, both professionally and domestically. With interwoven and oftentimes complicated relationships with one another, the series is a comedic exploration of old friendships, former romantic entanglements and balancing adult life with nostalgia for the past.