- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Netflix announces kids series with Carol Burnett
MUMBAI: Hollywood comedy legend Carol Burnett ‘Annie’ is coming to internet TV network Netflix with the original unscripted comedy ‘A Little Help with Carol Burnett’.
Featuring pint-sized opinions from a panel of straight-talking 4-8-year-olds, Carol and her guests will reveal how a different generation solves life’s biggest dilemmas.
In each of the 12 half-hour episodes, both celebrities and everyday people will bring their real-life issues to a gaggle of kids who dish back hilarious, hard-hitting guidance–all in front of a live studio audience.
The series will premiere in 2018.
“Someone once asked me how old I am inside. I thought about it, and came up with, ‘I’m about eight.’ So it’s going to be a lot of fun playing with kids my age,” said Burnett.
“We’re thrilled Carol is bringing her unique sensibilities to Netflix. Carol is truly a legend in the entertainment industry with unprecedented success and fandom across TV, film and the stage, and we are both honoured and excited to work with her,” said Netflix VP content acquisition Bela Bajaria.
“We couldn’t be more excited to be working on our first series with Netflix, and to be working with a comedy legend like Carol Burnett is truly a dream come true,” said dick clark productions executive VP, programming, development Mark Bracco.