- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Netflix announces its first Turkish original series
MUMBAI: Internet TV network Netflix continues its investment in international content with the announcement of its first original series from Turkey.
Weaving a hero-driven action story with Ottoman and Turkish legend and history, the 10-episode series will be written and produced in Turkey and is expected to launch to Netflix members around the world in 2018.
The drama focuses on a young man who discovers that he has special powers. When dark forces that threaten to destroy Istanbul emerge, he must team up with a group of misfit friends to harness these powers to defend the city and all of mankind.
The show will explore the rich cultural history of Istanbul and take the audience on a riveting journey into the heart of this magical city.
The series is produced for Netflix by Istanbul-based O3 Medya, with Onur Guvenatam as executive producer. The series will expand the broad offering of Turkish content currently available on Netflix, including licensed dramas such asMagnificent Century, Ezel and Lovebird that are already very popular with Netflix members around the world.
“We’re thrilled to confirm that we will be producing our first Turkish original series and are very happy to be working with O3 Medya on this project, which is young, fresh, and exciting. We believe that Netflix will be the perfect global platform for this great Turkish production and we can’t wait to share more details later this year,” said Netflix VP international original series Erik Barmack.