- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Netflix announces content plans
MUMBAI: Internet TV knows no time slot, no genre and no geographic bounds. Freed from these constraints, Internet TV network Netflix said that it is able to programme for over 93 million unique tastes of entertainment lovers around the world, from the romantic comedy lover in Paris to the sci-fi aficionado in Sao Paulo and everyone in between. That’s why in 2017, the streaming service will deliver the biggest and most diverse slate in Netflix history — with more than 1,000 hours of new series, films, stand-up specials, documentaries and more for members around the world.
“We aren’t in the business of creating ‘one size fits all’ programming, or building slates to fill a finite number of hours of a programming grid. We’re catering to a dynamic world full of people with different tastes – and as a result, no two Netflix experiences are alike – we want to have something for everyone to enjoy,” said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos.
Netflix’s goal is to create an experience that consistently presents the right content to the right member at the right time. Over time, the service has improved its algorithms and developed a global recommendation system, delivering an even more personalised experience that helps members easily find a diverse set of movies, TV shows and more that they otherwise may not have been able to discover.
“The beautiful thing about the internet is that it has ushered in a new era of television centered on delivering the best possible experience to millions of people around the world — with the singular goal of connecting people with stories they will love. Human beings have incredibly diverse and unique tastes — each person is more than the demographic group they belong to. At Netflix, we not only have a catalogue that meets the needs of these tastes and moods, but we use our technology to ensure we surface the right story to the right person at the right moment,” said VP product Todd Yellin.
At the Hudson Mercantile in New York, Netflix provided a first look at some of the new original content coming this year that may appear in a “Recommended for You” row sometime soon.
- ‘Bill Nye Saves The World’ will premiere on 21 April 2017
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ season five will premiere on 9 June 2017
- Marvel’s Iron Fist First Look At Colleen Wing
- ‘The OA Part II’ Pick-up
- ‘Love’ Season three Pick-up
- ‘Chef’s Table’ Season three
‘Anne’ will premiere 12 May, 2017
- ‘Dear White People’ will premiere on 28 April, 2017
- ‘Project MC2’ has been picked up for Seasons four and five and will have a special episode launching on 14 February 2017
- ‘Buddy Thunderstruck’ will premiere on 10 March 2017
- ‘Castlevania’ Season one, Part one coming to Netflix in 2017
- ‘Free Rein’, coming soon to Netflix
- ‘Girlboss’ will premiere on 21 April 2017
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ first look photos
- ‘Travelers’ picked up for Season two
- Kate McKinnon will voice Ms. Frizzle in ‘The Magic School: Bus Rides Again’
- Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott join ‘House of Cards’ season five
- ‘Casting JonBenet’ will premiere 28 April 2017
- ‘Grace and Frankie’ will premiere March 24, 2017
- ‘Julie’s Greenroom’