- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MTV to grow reach in South Africa
MUMBAI: Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa has revealed that youth and general entertainment channel MTV (DStv channel 130) will open its arms to legions of new fans in South Africa when it moves to the DStv Extra and Compact packages on 25 August.
The channel, which has previously been available only on DStv Premium, will now be part of the DStv Extra and Compact packages, alongside sister channel MTV Base (DStv Channel 322).
With this new deal, VIMN will increase MTV’s reach in the South African market, underlining its point of reference for the young and the young-at-heart, while broadening its appeal to advertisers and brands.
Viacom International Media Networks Africa senior VP, MD Alex Okosi said, “We are excited to partner with MultiChoice to bring MTV’s world-class entertainment content to a wider audience base in South Africa via the DStv Extra and Compact packages. This provides us a great opportunity to introduce more content and initiatives that deliver even greater value for our viewers and partners.”
MultiChoice GM for content Aletta Alberts said that MTV will make a welcome addition to the DStv Extra and Compact packages: “We want our customers to have access to a wide variety of the best entertainment – MTV will delight young and young-at-heart Extra and Compact customers with its unique blend of cutting edge entertainment and music. Now more DStv customers can become part of the MTV generation.”
MTV will open to DStv Extra and Compact customers on 25 August with the primetime premiere of the channel’s flagship awards show, the 2014 MTV Video Music Video Awards.
Performers at the awards, which take place at the Forum in Inglewood California, include, among others, Beyoncé, Maroon 5, Usher, Ariana Grande and 5 Seconds of Summer.