- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
MStar Semiconductor completes production of HD STBs for Videocon d2h
MUMBAI: MStar Semiconductor, a leading semiconductor company for display and digital home solutions, has completed the mass production of HD MPEG-4 DVB-S2 set-top box (STB) for direct- to home (DTH) operator Videocon d2h.
Powered by MStar Semiconductor, the new STB also offers functions like title/time based recording, rewind and forward functions, auto serial recording, pause live TV and mark-skip-watch functions.
In addition to basic STB functions, the new HD STB includes PVR features, which facilitates users to enjoy all interested content as per their preferred time. Videocon d2h offers 27 “Asli” HD channels to its subscribers.
“Leveraging our cutting-edge STB platform, we will continue to support Videocon d2h to further build upon their success,” MStar Semiconductor chairman Wayne Liang said.
Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera said, “We have partnered with MStar, global leader in integrated chips. The ease of user experience, best in class integration and performance provide a significant edge for our cutting edge high definition STB. We are hopeful that MStar technology will provide better experience to our consumers as we are looking at consolidating our leadership position.”