- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Milind Naik joins Pepper Media as director of technology
MUMBAI: Milind Naik, formerly chief technology officer (CTO) of Star and global CTO of Wisden Cricinfo, has been roped in by Pepper Media as its director of technology.
Milind has over 22 years of experience. This includes an entrepreneurial stint when he launched Pappilon, one of the earliest mobile app development companies. He then launched an analytics firm specialising in buying patterns and consumer analytics for brands for the international markets.
Pepper Media is a leading multi-channel network (MCN) on YouTube floated by former iStream.com founder and CEO Radhakrishnan Ramachandran. iStream.com was a premium video-on-demand service launched in 2011 with backing from SAIF Partners.
“If you are looking at building a sustainable business model in the MCN space, technology will be one of the key accelerators. We are looking at marrying brands with content concepts and we need to see brand managers looking at online videos as a cost-effective and powerful alternative to TV.
“Technology will play that key role in simplifying the model for brand managers, by helping them analyse the impact of their video campaigns on platforms like YouTube,” said Pepper Media founder and CEO Radhakrishnan Ramachandran.
“With videos being watched more on multi devices, it is imperative for brands to maximise on the same, the likes, dislikes, what is trending is yet to be captured in a 360-degree and that is the aim here at Pepper Media. I am excited to be part of a team that has been pioneers in the online video space. Metrics for consumer analytics on video is the next big thing. Technology analytics are faster and accurate as people are moving towards a more expressive form of personal views. For technology to make a difference, it is the collective intelligence of the team that matters the most and that is what I see here at Pepper Media,” said Naik.