- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
MHA launches YouTube channel
MUMBAI: The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has launched its own YouTube channel.
The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju launched the channel at a ceremony today with the video ‘Saal Ek Shuruat Anek’.
‘Saal Ek Shuruat Anek’ is a short video of just over ten minutes, narrating the achievements of the MHA during the first year of the government.
Three more films made by MHA are ‘Samadhan’ (Solution) of 15 minutes, ‘Salam Zindagi’ of 14 minutes and ‘E-Zindagi Tujhe Salam’ of 16 minutes. These films are made by the DAVP for MHA.
‘Samadhan’ is inspired by the real life story of Jhulan Devi of Pandura village under District Bhojpur, Bihar. The film depicts the efforts made by Jhullan Devi to bring Left Wing Extremist (LWE) cadres into the mainstream.
‘Salam Zindagi’ depicts the reality of the LWE activities across the country. It highlights the violence unleashed by the CPI Maoists and how it impacts the tribals.
‘E-Zindagi Tujhe Salam’ is based on the activities of four LWE cadres in the jungles. These cadres are fatigued by constant operations of security forces against them. Based on their discussions on the futility of joining LWE, they decide to surrender and live life peacefully.