- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
MEASAT launches live-over-satellite demo of UHD with HDR
MUMBAI: MEASAT Global, ATEME, BBright, MStar Semiconductor and Newtec have launched a live-over-satellite demonstration of Ultra High Definition (UHD) with High Dynamic Range (HDR).
The UHD HDR will be on display at MEASAT’s booth, 1T3-01, CommunicAsia 2016 from 31 May to 3 June.
HDR dramatically improves picture quality with a range of richer colours, brighter whites and deeper darker blacks, giving the picture a more exciting ‘dynamic’ look.
“MEASAT and our technical partners are on the cutting-edge of broadcast distribution technology,” said MEASAT chief commercial officer Yau Chyong Lim. “Customers interested in distributing UHD HDR are now assured of a viable distribution model via satellite with the expertise of MEASAT and our technical partners.”
The demonstration will be HEVC-encoded at 50fps with 10-bit colour depth broadcast with DVB-S2X at 25 Mbps. The feed is delivered via the MEASAT-3a satellite located at the 91.5°E orbital slot.
“ATEME is pleased to support this innovative live UHD-HDR demonstration over satellite with its TITAN solutions,” said ATEME VP of marketing Rémi Beaudouin.
“TITAN Live is a pure-software encoder-transcoder that supports resolutions from mobile devices to 4K with the highest video quality at minimum bitrate. It also supports all HDR flavours with the recent integration of HDR10, HLG, Technicolor, and Dolby Vision technologies,” Beaudouin added.