- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
LinkedIn acquires news alert start-up Newsle
MUMBAI: Professional networking site LinkedIn has acquired news alert provider Newsle, a San Francisco-based start-up that that allows users to get real-time alerts on social media platforms about connections.
Newsle, which announced the acquisition on its blog, sends updates to 2 million users. As per the blog signed by co-founders Jonah Varon and Axel Hansen, the duo, along with the team of engineers, will stay onboard, following the acquisition.
“Three years and 2 million users later, we’re happy to say that we’re well on the way towards realising that goal. LinkedIn is equally passionate about offering insights that can help professionals better do their jobs and will help us accelerate our efforts by making Newsle available to its members,” the founders said.
“We’re delighted that our team of engineers—Liz, Farid, Shane, and Nick—will be making the move with us to LinkedIn. We’ll keep Newsle online as a standalone service as we combine all the functionality with LinkedIn’s core services.”
Newsle has reportedly raised over $2 million from investors including Lerer Ventures, Advance Publications and ACBJ, SV Angel, Bloomberg Beta, Maveron, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Transmedia Capital, Launny Steffens, Ellen Levy, Jon Lazarus, Paul Berry, and Rockwell and Evan Schnabel.
The financial details of the deal were not disclosed.