- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Lakmé Fashion Week goes live on Hotstar
MUMBAI: Star’s online streaming platform Hotstar will live-stream India’s biggest fashion extravaganza Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW).
Consequently, fashionistas and style enthusiasts will now be able to enjoy all shows and special events of Lakmé Fashion Week Summer Resort 2016 live only on Hotstar.
Bollywood star Arjun Kapoor will be the celebrity showstopper for Manish Malhotra’s spring summer collection and will be seen in a pairing with Jacqueline Fernandes.
Some of the designers who will set the tone for the upcoming fashion trends through their showcase at the LFW include Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Neeta Lulla, Monisha Jaising, Rahul Mishra, Rajesh Pratap Singh, Pero, Masaba Gupta, Payal Singhal, Nishka Lulla, Nikhil Thampi and Anita Dongre, among others.
Lakmé Fashion Week has always been at the forefront of technology and innovation with many firsts to its credit. Through the partnership with Hotstar, the event aims to provide exclusive front-row coverage to a global audience of fashion enthusiasts.
Hotstar president, head Ajit Mohan said, “Fashionistas all over the country will have front-row tickets to the most glamorous fashion event on the calendar. We are opening the doors to a world that has been available to only the privileged few in the past. This is in line with our objective at Hotstar to create distinctive and extraordinary streaming experiences for our followers, whether in sports, music, fashion or shows.”
An IMG Reliance spokesperson said, “At Lakmé Fashion Week, we intend to democratise fashion and reach out to all parts of India with the latest trends. With Hotstar as our partner, we intend to give a front-row experience to all our viewers online.”