- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Jugnoo ropes in Soumya Tandon as investor, brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Jugnoo, a mobile app that offers the largest network of auto rickshaws across India, has signed a dual deal with TV and film actress Saumya Tandon.
The actress has been signed as the face of the company and has also invested in it.
Jugnoo founder, CEO Samar Singla commented, “With Saumya coming on board, our patrons and new users will have a face to connect with and her popularity will aid better brand recall. As far as her investments are concerned, it will assist us to augment our capacity.”
Tandon said, “It is an exciting time to be a part of this dynamic startup ecosystem, considering the sudden upsurge in the sector and the growing economy of the country. By providing the convenience of hailing an auto-rickshaw via mobile app, Jugnoo is solving a very fundamental problem. I truly appreciate the cause they are working for.”
The association is in alignment with the new fad of Indian startups being backed by Bollywood. Celebrities are either putting in money or endorsing the products by becoming their brand ambassadors. While their monetary investment definitely helps, the popularity factor that they induce into the entire scenario is commendable.
Tandon is currently playing ‘Anita’ in a comedy serial ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai’. She also had the opportunity to work with the King Khan of Bollywood as a co-host in ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’. She has hosted reality show ‘Dance India Dance’ and co-hosted ‘Bournvita Quiz Contest’ with Derek O’ Brien. The actress gained more prominence after her role as ‘Roop’ in the Bollywood Blockbuster ‘Jab We Met’.