- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Jugnoo ropes in Soumya Tandon as investor, brand ambassador
MUMBAI: Jugnoo, a mobile app that offers the largest network of auto rickshaws across India, has signed a dual deal with TV and film actress Saumya Tandon.
The actress has been signed as the face of the company and has also invested in it.
Jugnoo founder, CEO Samar Singla commented, “With Saumya coming on board, our patrons and new users will have a face to connect with and her popularity will aid better brand recall. As far as her investments are concerned, it will assist us to augment our capacity.”
Tandon said, “It is an exciting time to be a part of this dynamic startup ecosystem, considering the sudden upsurge in the sector and the growing economy of the country. By providing the convenience of hailing an auto-rickshaw via mobile app, Jugnoo is solving a very fundamental problem. I truly appreciate the cause they are working for.”
The association is in alignment with the new fad of Indian startups being backed by Bollywood. Celebrities are either putting in money or endorsing the products by becoming their brand ambassadors. While their monetary investment definitely helps, the popularity factor that they induce into the entire scenario is commendable.
Tandon is currently playing ‘Anita’ in a comedy serial ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai’. She also had the opportunity to work with the King Khan of Bollywood as a co-host in ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’. She has hosted reality show ‘Dance India Dance’ and co-hosted ‘Bournvita Quiz Contest’ with Derek O’ Brien. The actress gained more prominence after her role as ‘Roop’ in the Bollywood Blockbuster ‘Jab We Met’.