- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Jim Jarmusch’s ‘Paterson’ to be next Amazon original movie
MUMBAI: Amazon Studios has announced that Jim Jarmusch’s ‘Paterson’, starring Adam Driver and Golshifteh Farahani, will be Amazon’s next original movie.
Written and directed by Jarmusch, ‘Paterson’ recently completed principal photography in New Jersey and New York and will debut exclusively in theaters in 2016.
“Paterson’ is a funny, philosophical and moving story that only Jim can tell. We look forward to working closely with him and supporting his vision in bringing the film to life. Adam Driver is one of this generation’s most gifted actors. It’ll be exciting to see what he and Jim unearth as they explore the intimate and richly textured world of ‘Paterson’,” said Amazon Studios head of motion picture production Ted Hope.
Jarmusch said, “I’m very happy to be able to make this film, ‘Paterson’, with the support of Amazon, K5, and Le Pacte, and to have their expertise and creativity in delivering our film to audiences around the world. I’m also very happy to collaborate with a wonderful cast and crew.”
Paterson is a bus driver in the city of Paterson, New Jersey – they share the name. Every day, Paterson adheres to a simple routine: he drives his daily route, observing the city as it drifts across his windshield and overhearing fragments of conversation swirling around him; he writes poetry into a notebook; he walks his dog; he stops in a bar and drinks exactly one beer. He goes home to his wife, Laura (played by Farahani).
By contrast, Laura’s world is ever changing. New dreams come to her almost daily, each a different and inspired project. Paterson loves Laura and she loves him. He supports her newfound ambitions; she champions his secret gift for poetry. The history and energy of the City of Paterson is a felt presence in the film and its simple structure unfolds over the course of a single week. The quiet triumphs and defeats of daily life are observed, along with the poetry evident in its smallest details.