- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
JAINHITS meets cable operators from Goa and Karnataka
MUMBAI: Headend-in-the-sky (HITS) service provider JAINHITS attracted a large number of local cable operators (LCOs) from across Goa and the coastal areas of Karnataka at its first ever meet at the International Centre.
Queries and concerns of LCOs regarding technology, services, channel packages and digital addressable systems (DAS) regulations were addressed by the JAINHITS team. JAINHITS has already made a start in Goa and all its independent service operators (ISOs) were present at the full-day meet to share their experience and the USP of doing business with JAINHITS.
Addressing the meet, JAINHITS head of products and strategy Rakesh Gupta said, “JAINHITS is the only platform in the country, offering complete ownership to even the smallest LCO by making him a leader and cable owner and an independent service operator, and by bringing their active participation in the digitisation process. We already have three ISOs in Goa, which will serve more than 5,000 subscribers soon.”
JAINHITS has partnered with technology companies like Motorola (now ARRIS) and Intelsat as its satellite partner.
The key proposition of the JAINHITS platform is conversion of LCO as multi-system operator (MSO) at minimum costs and providing end-to-end solutions for digital cable and broadband services. With this, JAINHITS is set to install over 3,000 mini downlink headends across the 640 districts of India by the end of this year.
JAINHITS said it offers cost-effective solutions to LCOs for running fully DAS-compliant digital cable TV services to its subscribers. It also offers high-speed broadband service, multi-screen and many more value-added services, along with consumer products such as cloud broadband and hybrid broadband TV (HBB TV). JAINHITS currently offers 250 channels.