- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
JAINHITS meets cable operators from Goa and Karnataka
MUMBAI: Headend-in-the-sky (HITS) service provider JAINHITS attracted a large number of local cable operators (LCOs) from across Goa and the coastal areas of Karnataka at its first ever meet at the International Centre.
Queries and concerns of LCOs regarding technology, services, channel packages and digital addressable systems (DAS) regulations were addressed by the JAINHITS team. JAINHITS has already made a start in Goa and all its independent service operators (ISOs) were present at the full-day meet to share their experience and the USP of doing business with JAINHITS.
Addressing the meet, JAINHITS head of products and strategy Rakesh Gupta said, “JAINHITS is the only platform in the country, offering complete ownership to even the smallest LCO by making him a leader and cable owner and an independent service operator, and by bringing their active participation in the digitisation process. We already have three ISOs in Goa, which will serve more than 5,000 subscribers soon.”
JAINHITS has partnered with technology companies like Motorola (now ARRIS) and Intelsat as its satellite partner.
The key proposition of the JAINHITS platform is conversion of LCO as multi-system operator (MSO) at minimum costs and providing end-to-end solutions for digital cable and broadband services. With this, JAINHITS is set to install over 3,000 mini downlink headends across the 640 districts of India by the end of this year.
JAINHITS said it offers cost-effective solutions to LCOs for running fully DAS-compliant digital cable TV services to its subscribers. It also offers high-speed broadband service, multi-screen and many more value-added services, along with consumer products such as cloud broadband and hybrid broadband TV (HBB TV). JAINHITS currently offers 250 channels.