- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
IPL fastest-growing global sports league on Twitter
MUMBAI: The ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) recorded over 10.6 million tweets throughout the 60 matches.
Thanks to the partnership between Twitter and the IPL, the number of fans following @IPL on micro-blogging site shot up by 300% in past three years, making it the fastest-growing global sports league on Twitter, surpassing other big leagues like the UEFA Champions League, NFL and NBA.
As the excitement on the field soared, the @IPL brought fans even closer to the action this year by publishing 32x more video Tweets than 2015. These videos included in-match highlights, net sessions and announcements, leading to a 64x growth in video views for IPL over 2015.
The final clash between #RCBvSRH was the most-tweeted match during IPL 9.
After having record-breaking season this IPL, Virat Kohli (@ImVkohli) was the most talked-about player on Twitter, followed by MS Dhoni, AB De Villiers, David Warner and Suresh Raina. Kohli is also the most-followed player of the IPL with over 10.9 million followers on Twitter.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) was the most-mentioned team on Twitter, followed by Kolkata Knight Riders, SunRisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians.
Kohli also ruled the Twitter chart for Top 5 Peak moments from #IPL 9.