- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
IPL fastest-growing global sports league on Twitter
MUMBAI: The ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) recorded over 10.6 million tweets throughout the 60 matches.
Thanks to the partnership between Twitter and the IPL, the number of fans following @IPL on micro-blogging site shot up by 300% in past three years, making it the fastest-growing global sports league on Twitter, surpassing other big leagues like the UEFA Champions League, NFL and NBA.
As the excitement on the field soared, the @IPL brought fans even closer to the action this year by publishing 32x more video Tweets than 2015. These videos included in-match highlights, net sessions and announcements, leading to a 64x growth in video views for IPL over 2015.
The final clash between #RCBvSRH was the most-tweeted match during IPL 9.
After having record-breaking season this IPL, Virat Kohli (@ImVkohli) was the most talked-about player on Twitter, followed by MS Dhoni, AB De Villiers, David Warner and Suresh Raina. Kohli is also the most-followed player of the IPL with over 10.9 million followers on Twitter.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) was the most-mentioned team on Twitter, followed by Kolkata Knight Riders, SunRisers Hyderabad and Mumbai Indians.
Kohli also ruled the Twitter chart for Top 5 Peak moments from #IPL 9.