- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Intel to buy rival Altera for $16.7 bn
MUMBAI: Intel Corp has announced its decision to buy rival Altera Corp for $16.7 billion in cash. This is Intel’s biggest deal ever.
By combining with Altera, Intel will be able to bundle its processing chips with the smaller company’s programmable chips, which are used to speed up web-searches among others.
This is 2015’s third-largest transaction in the highly fragmented chip industry. In the industry’s biggest-ever deal, Avago Technologies agreed last week to buy Broadcom Corp for $37 billion.