- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Indie movies from Drafthouse Films now streaming exclusively on Prime Instant Video
MUMBAI: Online retail major Amazon.com has announced a content licensing agreement with Cinedigm that will make Prime Instant Video the exclusive subscription streaming home for a collection of groundbreaking independent movies from Drafthouse Films, the film distribution arm of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
Exclusive titles available today for unlimited streaming by Prime members in the U.S. include ‘Cheap Thrills’, a blackly comic thriller starring David Koechner and Ethan Embry, Ben Wheatley’s psychedelic sorcery film ‘A Field in England’, sci-fi cult film ‘The Visitor’ and Abel Ferrara’s ‘Ms. 45’.
Additional films from the boutique label’s curated theatrical slate to be added exclusively to Prime Instant Video in the coming months include:
- ‘The Congress’, Ari Folman’s futurological vision of Hollywood starring Robin Wright, Harvey Keitel, Paul Giamatti and Jon Hamm
- ‘Borgman’, a home invasion thriller, submitted as the Netherlands’ official 2014 Oscar entry
- ‘Mood Indigo,’ Michel Gondry’s love fable starring Audrey Tautou
- ‘20,000 Days on Earth’, a documentary featuring musician and cultural icon Nick Cave
- ‘The Dog’, a portrait of the man who inspired Al Pacino’s character in Dog Day Afternoon
Two additional titles, the rock-doc ‘A Band Called Death’ and coming-of-age film ‘I Declare War’ are also available. Those who are not already members of Amazon Prime can sign up at www.amazon.com/primeinstantvideo.
Amazon director of digital video content acquisition Brad Beale said, “We know our customers love great independent films and we are excited to add these engaging indies from Drafthouse Films exclusively to Prime Instant Video. These film festival favorites and award winners are both provocative and entertaining, and we know Prime members will enjoy watching them.”
Drafthouse Films COO James Emanuel Shapiro said, “We couldn’t be more thrilled that Cinedigm secured this deal with Amazon for our titles”.
Cinedigm executive VP digital sales Yolanda Macias said, “We are always seeking new ways to share the films we love with the widest audience possible, and working with Prime Instant Video is helping us accomplish that mission”.