- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Indian YouTube comedy creators launch #LaughterGames
MUMBAI: Indian YouTube comedy creators come together to launch a riot with their own individual comedy web series under the #LaughterGames property on YouTube.
Led by Only Much Louder, Culture Machine and Arre, and sponsored by brands like Miranda and Kitkat, India’s top nine comic groups will launch nine web series on YouTube on their channels.
#LaughterGames will see web series from SNG Comedy, East India Comedy, Anuvab Pal, Enna Da Rascalas, Random Chikibum, Kenneth Sebastian, Them Boxer Shorts, Arre and Put Chutney.
Kicking off the initiative, SNG Comedy has already gone live with two episodes of its web series titled ‘What If’ and Random Daftar, a show revolving around office humour.
Kenneth Sebastian is live with his show called ‘Starboyz’, which is a sci-fi comedy show set in the future. Put Chutney will launch a show called ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’, which will capture the life of a typical 26-year software engineer. Over the next few days, more creators will unveil their brand-new shows under the #LaughterGames initiative.
Speaking about the concept, Only Much Louder COO Ajay Nair said, “There is massive demand for original digital content in India across genres. We believe Laughter Games will be first of many digital properties that will provide such original content on a consistently scheduled basis. Fans will have plenty of great content to choose from for eight weeks with a variety of new, funny shows from their favourite creators.”