- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Hotstar targets Tamil audience with Shruti Haasan as brand face
MUMBAI: Star India’s video streaming platform Hotstar is planning to reach out to far more audiences in Tamil Nadu. For this, it has roped in actress Shruti Haasan as the brand ambassador for Tamil Nadu.
Earlier, Hotstar had roped in Mohanlal as brand ambassador to reach out to the Malayalam audience.
Star India MD South K Madhavan said, “We have witnessed a tremendous surge in demand for local-language content in Tamil Nadu. People here are tech-savvy and in-tune with the most developed countries in the world when it comes to their appetite for entertainment content. While large sections of the audience are already aware of Hotstar’s regional-language offerings, Shruti will help us reach out to far more audiences in Tamil Nadu who will be delighted to know that their favourites are available to them at a time of their convenience, and that too absolutely free of cost.”
Haasan, the daughter of veteran actor Kamal Hasaan, said, “I am delighted to be associated with Hotstar, the go-to place for people of my generation for entertainment. It is heartening to see that fans of Tamil entertainment too can watch their desired shows and films. I am proud of the fact that India too is on a par with the global audiences in the way we watch our favourite shows, films and sports. It is also heartening to see that now my films will be able to reach a much wider audience which is digitally savvy.”