- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Hong Kong’s Now TV picks up Turner’s Boomerang
MUMBAI: Boomerang, the companion channel to Cartoon Network, will be distributed in Hong Kong on Now TV as part of the platform’s Junior Pack.
Effective 1 July, the agreement increases its distribution in Asia Pacific to over 30 million households since the channel’s relaunch in late 2014.
The all-animation network boasts an impressive line-up of iconic series and movies programmed for both kids and their families, including ‘ Tom and Jerry’, ‘Scooby-Doo’ and ‘Looney Tunes’. Channel highlights in July are ‘Bunnicula’, ‘Shaun the Sheep’ and new episodes of ‘The Garfield Show’.
Turner MD for Southeast Asia Phil Nelson said, “Hong Kong audiences already know and love Boomerang’s shows, so the channel will undoubtedly appeal to families with young kids. We’ve seen this brand grow quickly around the region and gain momentum – hitting the 30 million distribution mark is great milestone. Now TV subscribers now have access to all three of Turner’s kids’ channels in the region – Cartoon Network, Toonami and Boomerang – so there really is something for everyone.”
Boomerang is designed for kids aged 4-9, as well as their families and caregivers. In addition to new and exclusive content from Warner Bros. Studios, international premium acquisitions include: ‘Pink Panther and Pals’, ‘Strawberry Shortcake’, ‘Mr. Bean: The Animated Series’ and ‘Inspector Gadget’.
PCCW executive VP pay TV Loke Kheng Tham said, “Now TV has a diverse range of programs, including many choices for kids. We are committed to providing a responsible and entertaining TV environment for children and parents in Hong Kong. We are delighted to partner with Turner, our long established partner, to further enrich our offerings for younger audiences through the launch of Boomerang.”
To complement the on-air offering, Boomerang Watch and Play hosts both video and gaming content in a safe and fun app designed for tablets. The brand’s website is Boomerang.asia. Boomerang will be available in English on Channel 445.