- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Hasbro, Netflix announce series ‘Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters’
MUMBAI: Hasbro is flexing more muscle in programming for kids with the announcement of ‘Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters’, a new original series from Hasbro Studios premiering on internet TV network Netflix.
The new teenage superhero animated series will reimagine the classic Hasbro brand Stretch Armstrong into a relatable kids adventure that features diverse characters with wacky powers and a playfully humorous storyline.
‘Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters’ follows high school student Jake Armstrong and his two best friends Nathan Park and Ricardo Perez who are accidentally exposed to an experimental chemical that forever changes their seemingly normal lives, transforming them into unlikely heroes who embark on a series of adventures.
Originally introduced in 1976, Stretch Armstrong was the ultimate toy –well-muscled doll that could stretch from its original size of 15 inches to four or five feet. Netflix and Hasbro will transport viewers into a new generation of Stretch Armstrong with 26 episodes available for Netflix members worldwide beginning late 2017.
“ ‘Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters’ is the first Hasbro brand to receive a Netflix original series order. We have been waiting for just the right moment to re-imagine Stretch for a new audience and our friends at Netflix got it right away; they have been a tremendous partner. We have hit a superhero sweet spot, and with Netflix’s global reach, kids across the world will fall in love with its fun characters and action-packed storyline,” said Hasbro chief content officer, executive VP Stephen Davis.
‘Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters’ will feature the voices of Hollywood television and film talent including:
- Jake Armstrong / Stretch – Scott Menville
- Nathan Park / Wingspan – Steven Yeun
- Ricardo Perez / Omni-Mass – Ogie Banks