- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Google launches YouTube Go beta version in India
MUMBAI: After months of expanded testing and refinement, Google has the launched the beta version of YouTube Go. It is available for download on the Google Play Store in India.
YouTube Go is designed from the ground up, with four main principles in mind – relatablility, offline first, control over data usage and social. The app is designed to be relatable with fresh and relevant video recommendations tailored to users’ preferences.
The app is designed to be offline first and improve the experience of watching videos on a slower network. it gives users more control over data usage, by providing choice and transparency into the amount of data spent on streaming or saving videos and is social, as it allows users to share videos quickly and easily with friends nearby.
The key features of YouTube Go are:
- A home built for users: YouTube Go home screen features trending and popular videos in your area, so that you can find and discover videos that you and your community care about.
- Preview videos before users save or watch: On YouTube Go will be shown a preview of the video when you tap on a thumbnail, giving you a better sense of what the video is about before you decide if you want to watch it.
- Choose resolution when saving or streaming videos: You can choose to save a video for offline viewing later or stream it now. And YouTube also allows you to choose the amount of data you’d like to spend on that video.
- Share videos with friends nearby: Share videos with friends and family nearby without using any data. You can send and receive videos instantly and offline with others using the YouTube Go app.
Since the app is in its beta release, the company will continue to listen to users’ feedback and improve the app before launching more broadly. They will also be holding several activities in Udaipur over the upcoming weeks to glean more insights from users on the ground.