- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Gaana partners Orchard, adds 7 mn songs to library
MUMBAI: Indian music streaming service Gaana.com has announced its partnership with The Orchard, a music, film and video distribution company.
The partnership has seen over seven million indie songs being exclusively included in Gaana’s catalogue via the partnership. This takes the total library size to 10 million songs.
Gaana has increased its library from 3 million to 10 million songs, making it the largest player of titles in India.
Gaana.com business head Pawan Agarwal said, “Our focus is to create best music experiences for its users and we are focused on bringing the widest selection of songs from India and international markets for our consumers. The Orchard is an important partnership for us and we believe the consumers would love it.”
The Orchard CEO Brad Navin said, “We’re excited to be working with Gaana as it grows its presence in India. Bringing our quality catalogue to local listeners and extending our labels’ brands in the region is the perfect representation of what we’re about; using technology and relationships to bring music to engaged consumers wherever they are in the world.”
The Orchard operates in over 25 global markets, amplifying reach and revenue across the world through hundreds of digital, physical and mobile partnerships internationally. Artists they work with range from legendary Rockers Toto, Metal gods Slayer and rising Indie duo Say Lou Lou. Popular Indian indie acts include Raghu Dixit, Soulmate, Dhruv Ghanekar and Blackstratblues.
Gaana.com has over 15 million app downloads and over 12 million registered users.