- Illegal Rohingya Muslims Might Have Links With ISI And Islamic State, Centre Tells SC
- Shane Bond open to coaching Indian Premier League side
- Flipkart expects 17x jump in fashion during Big Billion Days sale
- Digital payment bound to pick up with new technology: FM Arun Jaitley
- Top cop YC Modi, who had probed 2002 Gujarat riots, named new NIA chief
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Gaana partners Orchard, adds 7 mn songs to library
MUMBAI: Indian music streaming service Gaana.com has announced its partnership with The Orchard, a music, film and video distribution company.
The partnership has seen over seven million indie songs being exclusively included in Gaana’s catalogue via the partnership. This takes the total library size to 10 million songs.
Gaana has increased its library from 3 million to 10 million songs, making it the largest player of titles in India.
Gaana.com business head Pawan Agarwal said, “Our focus is to create best music experiences for its users and we are focused on bringing the widest selection of songs from India and international markets for our consumers. The Orchard is an important partnership for us and we believe the consumers would love it.”
The Orchard CEO Brad Navin said, “We’re excited to be working with Gaana as it grows its presence in India. Bringing our quality catalogue to local listeners and extending our labels’ brands in the region is the perfect representation of what we’re about; using technology and relationships to bring music to engaged consumers wherever they are in the world.”
The Orchard operates in over 25 global markets, amplifying reach and revenue across the world through hundreds of digital, physical and mobile partnerships internationally. Artists they work with range from legendary Rockers Toto, Metal gods Slayer and rising Indie duo Say Lou Lou. Popular Indian indie acts include Raghu Dixit, Soulmate, Dhruv Ghanekar and Blackstratblues.
Gaana.com has over 15 million app downloads and over 12 million registered users.