- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
FX Networks inks deal with Prime Focus Technologies
MUMBAI: FX Networks has signed a deal with Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) to offer cloud enabled DAX production workflow solutions for all FX shows and pilots.
The deal comes on the back of PFT’s recent acquisition of DAX, a provider of cloud-based production workflow and media asset management applications to the entertainment industry.
PFT’s agreement with FX Networks includes delivery of cloud enabled DAX production workflow solutions, including Digital Dailies, DAX Box and DAX Mobile for all FX shows and pilots. The deal marks FX as one of the first wave of buyers of the DAX Box, a DVR-like set-top box which supports secure HD streaming at home, office or theatre.
The aim of PFT is to enhance the value proposition to DAX’s marquee customers which includes major studio and broadcast networks like Warner Bros Television Studios, CBS Television Studios, 20th Century Fox Television Studios, Legendary Pictures, Fox Television Studios, A&E, Showtime, Starz, Relativity Media, Lionsgate and other independent production companies and studios.
A subsidiary of Prime Focus Ltd, Prime Focus Technologies is the technology business that has an array of clients across broadcast, studios, brands, sports and digital, globally. It is managed by a board committee led by founder and CEO Ramki Sankaranarayanan with over 1000 employees across the world working under its banner. It operates from different sets of offices and reports revenue independently to parent company Prime Focus Ltd.
It is the creator of the world’s first hybrid cloud enabled Media ERP platform Clear which helps broadcasters, studios, brands, sports and digital organisations to drive creative enablement, enhance ecosystem efficiencies and sustainability, reduce cost and realize new monetisation opportunities.