- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Fremantle partners with Amazon US for ‘Picnic At Hanging Rock’
MUMBAI: ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ is the latest series to be added to the Amazon Prime Video US line-up following a deal with FremantleMedia International.
The new series, starring Natalie Dormer as English headmistress Mrs Hester Appleyard, is a re-imagining of Joan Lindsay’s Australian novel.
The Appleyard College student roles are filled with rising stars, including Lily Sullivan as Miranda Reid, Madeleine Madden as Marion Quade, Samara Weaving as Irma Leopold, Ruby Rees as Edith Horton and introducing Inez Curro as Sara Waybourne.
‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ will plunge viewers into the mysterious disappearances of three schoolgirls and one teacher on Valentine’s Day 1900, taking the audience on a new journey into the Australian novel. The complex, interwoven narrative follows the subsequent investigation and the event’s far-reaching impact on the students, families and staff of Appleyard College, and on the nearby township.
FremantleMedia International US senior VP, sales, distribution Caroline Kusser said, “The stylish re-imagining of the provocative Picnic at Hanging Rock story will no doubt capture contemporary audiences across the US. With fantastic scripts, outstanding cast and bold editorial direction from Larysa Kondracki, ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ is set to be a must-see series in 2018. We are thrilled to be working with Amazon Prime Video to bring this powerful drama to US screens.”
‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ will have its world premiere on Foxtel in Australia in 2018. It is a FremantleMedia Australia production made with key production investment from Screen Australia. The series was shot in Victoria, Australia, with the significant assistance of the Victorian Government through Film Victoria.