- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Former Microsoft India employee launches news app Veooz
MUMBAI: Former Microsoft India Development Centre MD Srini Koppolu has launched Veooz, a platform that brings breaking news and relevant stories selected from thousands of local, global news and social media sources using patented algorithms.
The founding team of the application are Koppolu, IIT Hyderabad R&D dean Professor Vasudeva Varma and Dr Prasad Pingali. They are experts in search, machine learning and natural language processing (NLP).
Veooz has the ability to provide in-depth coverage on stories, real time news with related news, pictures, videos and live buzz.
The app is easy to use and available in English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali and Punjabi across 40 countries in 2000 cities. It can be personalised based on user interests.
Koppolu said, “With a vision to provide easy access to relevant news to the widest audience across the world, we are making the Veooz app available in 10 languages in India along with the English versions for 40 countries. Majority of the people from India can use the app in their language and stay current with important stories.”
The free app is available for download from Google Play Store and Apple Store.
Veooz enables users to skim through the headlines, read a short summary, or the full story. They can get in-depth coverage with related stories, pictures, videos and live buzz. The app also has the capability to pull ‘the buzz’ related to a story, filter out noise and show posts which are meaningful and/or from influential people.
With over 100,000 topics to choose from, users can follow general topics like technology, business, sports, entertainment, fashion, travel or follow specific celebrities, companies, products, cities, hashtags and more.