- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Flipkart announces gaming awards
MUMBAI: Marking another first in the Indian e-commerce industry, Flipkart today announced the Flipkart Gaming Awards for the gaming community in India.
A continuation of the Flipkart Gaming Championship, the awards will be held from 13-20 September, and aims to honour the best among games, designers, gaming accessories, consoles and gamers.
Launched in partnership with brands such as Digit, the Flipkart Gaming Awards will recognise the outstanding achievements in the Indian gaming industry over the past year. The awards will cover areas including games, consoles, gaming accessories and eSports gamers.
The awards are classified into five categories – PC, Console, Games, Accessories and Others.
The nominees for the awards will be selected based on the popularity of the products. Winners will be determined through a public poll which will be held from 13-20 September on www.flipkartgamingawards.com.
Through a mix of Facebook surveys, Twitter polls, and partnerships with bloggers, voters will be directed to a microsite, specifically designed for this purpose.
“The Indian gaming ecosystem has been growing at a rapid pace, with Indian gamers emerging as major contenders on the global gaming scene. The Flipkart Gaming Awards is an acknowledgement of their achievements. Along with the Flipkart Online Gaming Championship, we are optimistic that this award will add to our efforts towards building and nurturing a healthy gaming ecosystem in the country,” said Flipkart VP electronics and auto Adarsh K Menon.
Gaming is considered as one of the key pillars of internet economy. In India, gaming is a niche but a fast evolving and growing segment especially in the metros. Flipkart has witnessed close to 50 per cent growth in this category in the last six months alone.