- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
#fame launches tech vertical #fametech
MUMBAI: Digital entertainment network #fame has launched its technology vertical #fametech with the aim to emerge as the leading digital video destination for personal tech content.
#fametech has been launched with content from reputed tech blogger Ankit Vengurlekar, popularly known as ‘Gadgetwala’. Vengurlekar has been an anchor for the tech show ‘Tech Guru’ and is known for his quirky and smart reviews.
The platform will guide consumers on the latest trends, reviews, product exclusives and buying insights, besides featuring topical and trendy video content on gadgets, gizmos and apps. #fametech will span several social and digital platforms like YouTube, Facebook, WeChat and DailyMotion.
#fame CEO Saket Saurabh said, “Digital is the native platform for millions of consumers when it comes to following tech trends, buying gadgets and sharing their experiences. With #fametech, we are building a diverse community that caters to all tech aficionados, from the first-time smartphone buyer to the trend-setting tech enthusiast.”
#fame is aiming to build a network spanning 5,000 channels and 50,000 content creators across six countries over the next three years.
The network has also recently announced a slew of digital tent-pole properties aimed at identifying emerging talent in the fashion, music, comedy and food space. This includes ‘School of Style’, an online hunt for top fashionistas, with entertainment and fashion icon Karan Johar as host, judge and mentor.
Other digital properties announced by #fame include ‘Websinger’, which seeks out promising young singing talent, ‘Gang No.1’, a search for top comedy collectives, and the second season of ‘Webchef’, an online hunt for amateur chefs across the country.
#fame’s content also centres on building digital video channels with celebrity talent and innovative digital show and formats. Celebrities that have signed up with #fame include TV star Maria Goretti, child comic star Saloni, model and actress Anusha Dandekar, celebrity chef Ajay Chopra, singing sensation Shibani Kashyap, and style guru VJ Andy.
#fame also has channels with fitness icon and model Milind Soman and sports commentator Harsha Bhogle.