- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
#fame, Closeup begin search for India’s first WebSinger with Pritam
MUMBAI: #fame, a live video entertainment platform, has announced another premium digital property by launching ‘Closeup WebSinger’.
The show will not only give India its first ever digital singing competition but will also script music composer maestro Pritam’s digital debut.
‘Closeup WebSinger’ will consist of six seasons spread across a year that will see Pritam as the chief judge and mentor. He will spot the next two singing sensations of India on the web.
The show will also bring together names in the music industry like Raghu Dixit, Benny Dayal, Aditi Singh Sharma and Monali Thakur, all in pursuit to find the music stars of tomorrow.
Pritam said, “I am extremely happy to be associated with #fame & Closeup WebSinger. There is a whole new generation of artists waiting to be recognised and digital is now the best platform for discovery. Closeup WebSinger will be given the perfect stage to make an impact globally.”
#fame CEO Saket Saurabh said, “At #fame we are committed to discovering and promoting the best emerging talent on digital video. India has a large amount of very talented singers. Digital is the best platform for them to connect with audiences directly, in a manner unmatched by television. Closeup WebSinger has been designed to offer many of the benefits from digital to showcase their skills.”
Mindshare South Asia CEO Prasanth Kumar said, “Closeup has always had an iconic association with music, one of the biggest passion points of the Indian audience. Digital is increasingly becoming the go to destination for the youth to discover and voice their opinion As the brand looks at capturing a new generation, the Closeup WebSinger property is working with the biggest names in the music industry and #fame to bring alive this passion and give them a platform to be discovered.”