- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to deliver keynote at Mobile World Congress
MUMBAI: The GSMA has announced several new speakers in the keynote programme at the upcoming 2014 GSMA Mobile World Congress, including the Facebook founder, chairman and CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
Zuckerberg will be headlining in the first of the week’s Mobile World Live keynote sessions on 24 February. In this session, Zuckerberg and technology journalist and writer David Kirkpatrick will explore the importance of extending the benefits of ubiquitous Internet access to the unconnected world. In addition to the live audience in the Conference Village in Fira Gran Via, the Mobile World Live keynotes will be streamed live across the venue and to hundreds of thousands of viewers globally via the Mobile World Live portal.
The GSMA outlined other new developments for Mobile World Congress, including keynote speakers in the mPowered Industries programme, new elements for the NFC Experience and new partners in Featured Programmes. Further, the GSMA revealed that BAFTA and Tony Award-winning British actor, writer, presenter and comedian James Corden will present the Global Mobile Awards at Mobile World Congress.
Mobile World Congress will be held 24-27 February at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona.
GSMA CMO Michael O’Hara said, “Mobile World Congress 2014 is set to be our biggest, most ambitious and most diverse event yet, offering new experiences for attendees across the growing mobile ecosystem. Over four days, attendees will have the opportunity to see just how broadly mobile is impacting our everyday lives, how we work, live and play. We’re looking forward to seeing the mobile world gather in Barcelona.”
The GSMA also announced a number of additional CEOs participating in the Mobile World Congress conference programme, including:
- Connecthings CEO, founder Laetitia Gazel Anthoine,
- Etisalat Group CEO Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar,
- Ford president of Europe, Middle East and Africa Stephen T. Odell,
- GE Ventures and healthymagination CEO Susan Siegel
- SingTel Group CEO Chua Sock Koong