- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Europe’s first FTA Ultra HD channel to broadcast on Astra
MUMBAI: SES will be broadcasting Europe’s first free-to-air Ultra HD channel via Astra 19.2 degrees East. The German shopping channel, pearl.tv, will be produced and broadcast in native Ultra HD as of September 2015.
The parent company of pearl.tv, Enstyle GmbH, will lease additional capacity to launch the new channel and will also contract SES Platform Services, a subsidiary of SES, to manage the technical operations of the Ultra HD broadcast. Pearl.tv will also continue to broadcast in SD and HD.
Enstyle MD Dr. Michael Sichler said, “Years ago, pearl.tv was the first shopping channel to broadcast its programme in native HD. Today, by being the first to launch pearl.tv in Ultra HD, we are once again demonstrating our strength as technological leaders in the European media industry. We will also be producing and broadcasting pearl.tv in native Ultra HD from a brand new studio”.
SES chief commercial officer Ferdinand Kayser said, “SES has been at the forefront of Ultra HD developments since 2011. Our satellites can deliver a truly immersive Ultra HD experience, because satellites are the only infrastructure capable of distributing native Ultra HD in extremely high quality throughout Europe to millions of TV homes. We are proud that we will be working together with our partner to achieve the next Ultra HD milestone and broadcast Europe’s first commercial free-to-air Ultra HD channel to the 18 million direct-to-home households we serve in Germany today.”