- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
ErosNow unveils animated digital graphic series to promote ‘Bajirao Mastani’
MUMBAI: Eros International Media’s on demand entertainment portal ErosNow has revealed the first look of its animated digital series ‘Blazing Bajirao’, which is a unique marketing initiative for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming magnum opus ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
A first for the Indian film industry, ‘Blazing Bajirao’ is a full-fledged digital graphic series, created for the audiences to familiarise themselves with the lives and histories of the lead characters Bajirao and Mastani ahead of the release of film.
ErosNow chief creative officer Vaibhav Vishal said, “The approach behind the series has been two-pronged. First, educate the audiences about Bajirao, the legend of Bajirao Mastani and the socio-political-cultural history of the era. Second and more importantly, make Bajirao the hero that he must be for our young audiences. We want them to know how cool he was, discover and associate with the charisma of Bajirao. And, in the process, get ready for the film when it releases.”
The web graphic series has been conceptualised by the in-house creative team of ErosNow. Apart from the histories of the main characters, ‘Blazing Bajirao’ will also give the audiences a peek into the times of the then Maratha empire and why Bajirao was one of the most influential and celebrated heroes of his times.
“Had Bajirao been on Twitter, he would have been one of the biggest influencers around. So come to think of it, he always was a superhero. To showcase the magnificence of Bajirao’s character, we have got the best people in the business to do the series; the graphic style is unlike anything that has been seen before in any Indian series”, he added.
The film will release on 18 December.