- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
dittoTV to offer I-League, EFL matches live, courtesy Ten Sports
MUMBAI: Over-the-top (OTT) platform dittoTV will offer I-League and EFL live on the go, courtesy of official broadcaster Ten Sports.
The I-League commences on 7 January at 4.30 pm and the semi-finals of EFL kick off on 11 January at 1.30 am, followed by a match on 12 January at 1.15 am.
dittoTV subscribers can tune into Ten 1 HD to watch the matches live. The platform is available on Android and iOS platforms. The subscription charge for one month is Rs 20.
I-League will kick-start with a fierce competition between East Bengal and Aizawl FC at 4.30 pm, followed by Bengaluru FC and Shillong Lajong FC at 7 pm on 7 January. This year, the I-League will also witness the entry of newcomers Minerva FC and Chennai City FC in an action-packed match on Sunday, 8 January, at 4.30 pm.
The EFL, which kicked off in 2016, is gearing up for its semi-finals, with two highly awaited matches. Manchester United will compete with Hull City on 11 January, followed by Southampton vs Liverpool on 12 January.
Since TV viewing in India is traditionally subject to the preference of the older generation, young football fanatics find themselves resorting to online sports portals and live TV platforms to keep up with the latest updates on their favourite sport. Consequently, international football leagues boast an impressive rise in the number of viewers on multiple digital platforms in India, including dittoTV.
As most international matches are aired late in the night, youth residing in hostels or in single TV households often miss out on their favourite matches. However, with platforms such as dittoTV, they can watch these matches at their convenience, on any internet-enabled device.