- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Discovery sells content to Hulu
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster Discovery and Hulu have announced an expansive new agreement for the distribution of titles from Discovery’s unparalleled portfolio of programming available to US Hulu subscribers.
Shows including ‘Mythbusters’, ‘The Little Couple’, ‘Say Yes To The Dress’, ‘How It’s Made’ and ‘Homicide Hunter’ will debut on Hulu beginning January 2015. Hulu also will gain exclusive subscription video-on-demand rights to Discovery Channel’s hit series ‘Deadliest Catch’.
The first-ever long-form content partnership between Discovery and Hulu features programming from multiple networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science, Destination America and original Spanish-language content from Discovery en Español – bringing the best of Discovery Communications to Hulu subscribers.
Discovery senior VP digital distribution, partnerships Rebecca Glashow said, “Discovery Communications is proud to partner with Hulu on this fantastic new agreement. Hulu’s offering is as compelling for viewers as it is for programming partners, with a rich, brand-friendly environment to showcase both the strong lineup of Discovery content available on Hulu, as well as our world-class linear TV brands. We are delighted with this partnership and the opportunity it affords to connect with new audiences and build viewership for our networks across platforms.”
Hulu senior VP, head of content Craig Erwich said, “As we expand our offering of premium content, we look for compelling titles that will appeal to our broad audience. This new agreement with Discovery Communications enhances our catalog of high-quality programming in a variety of genres, including some of the most popular unscripted series on television today.”
Programming from across the Discovery portfolio will become available to stream on Hulu with a Plus subscription beginning 1 January 2015.