- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Discovery renews distribution deal with US cable op Mediacom
MUMBAI: US cable operator Mediacom Communications and infotainment broadcaster Discovery have announced the renewal of their long-term distribution agreement.
The deal, which incorporates TV Everywhere rights through subscriber authentication, will allow Mediacom customers to enjoy continued access to Discovery’s award-winning portfolio of 13 US networks across multiple platforms.
The agreement encompasses Discovery’s entire family of U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and Investigation Discovery.
Discovery senior VP, distribution Elisa Freeman said, “Discovery’s commitment to investing in compelling content over the last three decades has created a powerful portfolio of brands. This renewed agreement with Mediacom demonstrates the quality of our portfolio and viewers’ strong affinity for our networks and programming. We are proud to continue our long-standing partnership with Mediacom and to bring their subscribers Discovery’s unmatched original content.”
Mediacom executive VP programming, HR Italia Commisso Weinand said, “We are pleased to announce the renewal of our agreement with Discovery. In addition to continued access to Discovery’s linear and on demand content, our customers will now be able to use Mediacom’s TV Everywhere platform to access their favorite Discovery programs on the go.”