- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Discovery renews distribution deal with US cable op Mediacom
MUMBAI: US cable operator Mediacom Communications and infotainment broadcaster Discovery have announced the renewal of their long-term distribution agreement.
The deal, which incorporates TV Everywhere rights through subscriber authentication, will allow Mediacom customers to enjoy continued access to Discovery’s award-winning portfolio of 13 US networks across multiple platforms.
The agreement encompasses Discovery’s entire family of U.S. networks including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet and Investigation Discovery.
Discovery senior VP, distribution Elisa Freeman said, “Discovery’s commitment to investing in compelling content over the last three decades has created a powerful portfolio of brands. This renewed agreement with Mediacom demonstrates the quality of our portfolio and viewers’ strong affinity for our networks and programming. We are proud to continue our long-standing partnership with Mediacom and to bring their subscribers Discovery’s unmatched original content.”
Mediacom executive VP programming, HR Italia Commisso Weinand said, “We are pleased to announce the renewal of our agreement with Discovery. In addition to continued access to Discovery’s linear and on demand content, our customers will now be able to use Mediacom’s TV Everywhere platform to access their favorite Discovery programs on the go.”