- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Discovery Family channel launches a Youtube channel
MUMBAI: Discovery Family Channel (DFC) is launching its own YouTube portal for its ‘Kids Kuts’ classic film series.
Discovery Family will invite families and their kids to upload their videos depicting classic movie scenes of the silver screen starring none other than their own toddlers of Tinsel Town.
Parody vignettes of famous scenes are being accepted from such classic films as ‘Gone with the Wind’, ‘Casablanca’, ‘Jaws’, ‘The Godfather’ and ‘Citizen Kane’. This is the first round of movie scenes being requested where youngsters can impersonate Hollywood’s most memorable characters. The finalists will be chosen and could have a chance to be featured on Discovery Family’s YouTube site next year.
Tantrums, tears and theatrics will be front and center as mini-Michael Corleone seeks the advice of his Godfather; a pint-sized Scarlett O’Hara fiddle-dee-dees around Tara; a teeny-tiny Marty McFly hops in his DeLorean; or a kid Citizen Kane reveals his Rosebud.
Discovery Family Channel GM Tom Cosgrove said, “Discovery Family wants to be the first to induct a new generation of cinephiles into the fold. Using our digital platforms, we will share the tears and the laughter from films’ greatest moments featuring our most adorable generation. This is a great way to engage our audience – with kids and parents working together – to get them involved in the Discovery Family fun.”