- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Digital media firm Zealot Networks secures $25 mn funding
MUMBAI: Having sold Maker Studios to Disney, Danny Zappin has now announced the arrival of Zealot, a digital-first media company and growth accelerator that empowers creative entrepreneurs and talent, delivering multi-platform revenue, distribution and growth opportunities.
With a sizeable war chest and an innovative business model, Zealot is poised to lead the next chapter in the ongoing evolution of digital media.
Investors in the Zealot’s initial $25 million funding round include Danny Zappin along with more than 15 former and current Maker Studios employees, talent and members of the management team. The funding will support operations, acquisitions and investments.
As a pioneer of the MCN industry with Maker Studios that recently sold to Disney for $950 million, Zealot is a natural extension of Zappin’s Maker vision.
Zappin said, “With Zealot, I’m pursuing my greater vision of empowering creative individuals with a new focus on entrepreneurs, distribution and emerging platforms. We’re operating in multiple passion-based verticals, building zealous audiences and providing services for companies, brands and talent across multiple platforms to help them realise their business visions and creative passions”.